If you're here, then it means you're in search of our most updated reviews of the best multimeter under 100 dollars. Being an electrical engineer, you must accompany by a multimeter at all times. It also provides remarkable assistance in solving homely electrical issues.
Professionals always need good quality multimeters at cheaper prices, but they also do not hesitate to go for high ranges for a better one. DIYers always dive deep to find something that could provide high-quality performance on a minimal budget.
Finding a multimeter under $100 might appear to be a tricky task. Sometimes it becomes frustrating, but we have listed together with the top 10 picks of best multimeter under 100 dollars. Additionally, if you prefer to find a multimeter on your own, you can also refer to our multimeter buying guide.
10 Best multimeter Under 100 Dollars Reviews- Top Picks
When it comes to calibration and accuracy then fluke has no competition. It covers nine different electrical variables and their derivatives too. This Fluke 107 budget multimeter will be a perfect addition to your toolkit. It is equipped with all the features you would require for personal use and industrial use.
- AC/DC measurement up to 600V.
- Non-contact voltage detection for improved safety.
- Data can be retained or held back on screen.
- Min/Max measurements
- Diode tests to examine diode polarity
- Wide Backlit Display
- Cat III 600V rated
- Tests 9 different electrical properties
- Relative zero modes for comparing readings
- Flashlight to work in low lit areas
- The view of the screen is not clear from different angles.
If you are way too concerned with price and want to save every Penny possible, then look no further than the Tekpower auto-ranging digital multimeter. It measures continuity, diodes, resistance, along with AC\DC voltage accurately. With a tweak of safety features, it is excellent for a low budget.
- It gives back accurate measurements in 2-3 seconds
- Measures AC\DC to a maximum of 5000V
- Resistance: 200ohms
- Range Selection: Manual
- Display: 1999, 3 ½ digits
- Security: CAT. I 600V, CAT. II 300V
- Two-year warranty
- Overload protection
- It gives five different measurements
- It doesn't comply along with AC measurements
This MM600 HVAC multimeter comes from a brand that has earned its name from providing the market with the most premium electrical tools of all time, and this multimeter doesn't leave any space to keep up with the standard. It offers the most top-notch features whereas its price stays in a lower bound.
- 1000V AC\DC voltage AC\DC Current
- Measures resistance up to 40M
- Compliance: CAT IV 600V / CAT III 1000V
- Loz mode prevents ghost voltages
- True RMS improves accuracy
- Measures test diodes and continuity
- Low battery indication
- Easy fuse replacement
- Can resist drop of up to 6.6 foot
- 11 different measurements
- A little pricier than others on the list
Up next, we have AstroAI WH5000A Digital Multimeter, which has appeared in the field with solid competition. Its pro features make your life easy, and a few tweaks on the outside make it stand out.
The AstroAI WH5000A digital multimeter is a reliable and affordable multimeter that is perfect for those who need a reliable and easy-to-use meter to help them measure various electrical parameters. Here, I will take a closer look at the features and performance of this digital multimeter so that you can decide if it is the right one for your needs.
- Wide LCD backlit display
- Range selection: auto-ranging
- Sampling Speed: 2 times per second
- Power: Included 1 x 9V 6F22 Battery
- Safety: CAT III 600V, CATII 1000V
- DC Voltage: 600mV/6V/60V/600V
- Low battery and overload indication in all ranges
- Data hold feature
- Multi-tasking socket
- Robust build and drop protection
- Unreliable temperature readings
Fluke is a name so often heard among electricians and hobbyists both, stepping up into the world of electrical testing. Like their other top-notch digital multimeters, this 101 Basic Digital Multimeter is a splendid device that you can actively depend on without worrying. However, as the name suggests, it's only packed with the basic features and lacks some advanced ones.
- Provides six different measurements with 0.5% accuracy
- Safety: CAT III 600V rated
- Battery Two AAA
- Operating Temperature: 0 °C to +40 °C
- Seven unit dial position
- Solid test leads
- Easy to use
- Slower auto-ranging
Up next, we have KAIWEETS Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter that is a pretty simple-to-explain device. It is well fitted with all the features one would require to get the troubleshooting tasks done easily. Moreover, it also fits under $100 pretty well. However, seated at number 6, there are several additional benefits you can get from this multimeter.
- True RMS function allows you to measure real time values
- 6000 counts digital display
- NCV Non contact voltage detection for a more safer approach.
- AC\DC voltage up to 1000 volts with CAT-II standard test leads
- AC\DC Current up to 10 amps
- You can also measure temperature with temperature probe
- Operating temperature: 0 ~ 40℃
- Anti burning ceramic fuses to improve multimeter's safety
- Supports 9V battery
- Overload indication
- Auto-Shut down after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Low battery indication
- Back-lit display
- A bit difficult to carry due to bigger size
Coming down to the next multimeter, we have Lomvum true rms auto-ranging digital multimeter. This multimeter is best for both electrical and Automotive use. Even though it hasn't got many premium functions, but you can efficiently perform a load battery load test easily. All in all, you are putting in your money for nothing. But, it sure will keep you satisfied.
- 6000 counts bigger display
- You can measure ac/dc voltages up to 1000 volts.
- 20A load can be measured easily with this budget multimeter.
- Built-in Overload protections
- Auto-ranging to ease the measurement process
- UI certified
- A separate hold button to verify fluctuating values.
- It can also measure temperature in Celsius
- Unified settings for both AC and DC voltage.
- 10 Mega ohms input impedance
- backlight display
- Alligator clips also comes with it
- Polarity indication
- Exterior Silicon case for shock proofing
- Robust built
- Operates slowly when battery is low.
While being super compact and small in size, this multimeter left my jaw dropped with its features. While fitting comfortably under $100, this multimeter has got a well-built interior for professionals.
- CAT II 600V safety rating
- Non-Contact Voltage Detection
- It comes with Type-K thermocouple for precise temperature measurement.
- 4000 count wide display
- Manual and Auto Ranging selection
- Relative zero mode
- You can measure temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Quick response
- Perfect for industrial use-age
- Frequency measurement is also available.
- It doesn't have a back-light.
If you are looking for an all in one multimeter, then Amazon Commercial multimeter has got the job done for you. If you're concerned about how measure 220V AC with multimeter then it can be the best choice. Accompanied with a lot of nice features, it will fit flawlessly into your budget. From its use-age to precision everything is of top notch quality. Let's have a look for more deeper view.
- First of all its is a water resistance multimeter with IP67 standards.
- 6000 counts bigger display
- You can measure micro and milli amperes easily.
- You can measure voltages up to 1000V and current up to 20A.
- 400 hours plus battery life
- It is equipped with Low pass filter for noise reduction.
- VFD mode is also available
- Compact and light weight
- you can not measure temperature with it.
Wrapping up our rundown of 10 best multimeter under 100 dollars, we have the lowest choice for you concerning price and quality. First, however, you need to be convinced that you get what you are paying for. But still it is far way better than other online multimeters available in market. You can perform all your routine task easily. If you need best multimeter for electrician or electronics technicians then i also made a list for you.
- Large LCD
- Zero adjustment knob for more precision
- Diode test is also available
- Auto-power off feature is also available
- Battery: 19V battery
- Ideal for continuity tests
- Diode and transistor test function
- Easy to use
- Robust built
- No auto-ranging features
Buying Guide-Choosing the best multimeter under 100 dollars
Now, as you have run your eyes through the top products in the markets nowadays. It's time to unveil the recipe you could follow to hunt down the same product.
The best way to choose among a few solid competitive multimeters is by comparing them, looking at what has one thing that other miss. These are the essential functions that I think Should accompany the multimeter you are about to buy.
The market is filled with multimeters whose measurements would range from 5 to 9 different electrical properties. This is a crucial question to ask yourself whether you need a multimeter to measure as many electrical properties as possible or a specific few. Once you have decided the number of tests, you can ease out your search to the next multimeter.
This feature is responsible for telling the amount of voltage your multimeter could handle easily without causing any mishaps. Of course, you must be well aware of what voltage you could work around with safely. The backup safety rating denotes it all.
This refers to the number of measurements counts that a multimeter could display on the screen in a particular while. This ranges from 2,000 counts up to 10,000 counts, depending on the multimeter you choose.
Long-lasting and quality
Coming to the sweet spot of the topic is that how long your multimeter would last. It is pretty of a fact that a high-quality multimeter would last long. However, the key to analyzing how long your multimeter would stay is by seeing whether the exterior is well built enough to withstand certain weather conditions and drop from heights. Also, don't forget to judge the interior in the same way.
Auto-ranging or Manual
Even though this is quite a way decision, and mainly would without hesitation choose Auto-Ranging multimeters. However, it's helpful to ask yourself whether you want one with no guesswork included, or a manual would do just fine. As for my verdict, I would go with Auto Ranging since they make the job comparatively easy. If you need the best auto ranging multimeters then fluke 117, 115, and 87 are the best one.
Down to a well-concerned point, I would like to highlight it isn’t Specifically crucial that paying a considerable amount would bring you excellent quality. Throughout my research, I came through the best multimeters under 100 dollars with maximum features. So, you must focus more on what the multimeter offers rather than the price tag.
Last but not least, a warranted Multimeter has a very low chance of ruining your job, and even if it does, you can always claim it. Look out for the warranty of the multimeters as top manufacturers take it as a serious point while producing any multimeter under a reasonable budget.
Suppose you have already tried paying hundreds of dollars for a simple multimeter but still haven't received a satisfactory one, then it's good to look for something under $100. All the multimeters mentioned above fit into our list of best multimeter under 100 dollars. And I am also convinced that they won’t disappoint you. Prior to this, i also made a list of best multimeters under 100$ but this is the most updated version. As far as my opinion, I always recommend Klein and Fluke multimeters because of their robust built and accuracy.
However, if you want to go out and test them on your own, then you could use our Buying Guide to get your hands on the suitable multimeter.