Klein offers a wide range of multimeters at a suitable budget. Choosing in between Klein MM600 and MM400 is a bit tougher due to similar functionalities. But when you closely observe them then you will see a lot differences and prices also. Therefore, I have made a detailed comparison of Klein MM400 vs MM600 depending upon their similarities and differences. But before jumping on to similarities and differences, let review these Klein multimeters separately.
Are Klein multimeters good to buy?If you're wondering why you should buy a Klein multimeter, then the only answer is that it is precise, cheap and robust. Electricians or electronics technicians can measure all electrical variables safely according to electrical safety standards. What else you can expect from a budget multimeter. If some of you still might interested in other brands then I have compiled a list of the best budget multimeters under 100 dollars for you.
You can rely on Klein Tools MM400 auto-ranging multimeter for accurate measurements regardless of the situation. The tool offers wide-ranging functionality. Voltage drop in a circuit, changes in resistance, and even continuity problems can all be measured and detected with a high level of safety. So, let’s discuss its features in detail.
4.7/5 stars with 2306 Reviews
- 4000 counts LCD display with backlight
- It is an auto-ranging multimeter so you don’t have to set ranges for different circuits. Klein offers auto ranging features in almost all of its multimeters.
- You can measure voltage in both AC and DC up to 600V.
- It can also measure milli-volts (mV), which are a must for electronic DIY projects.
- Due to CAT-III safety ratings, it's quite easy to measure medium voltages with it safely.
- You have to measure current in both AC and DC circuits in a different way. So, you can measure amperes in both circuits easily.
- It is capable of measuring frequency and duty cycle of AC and DC signals.
- You can also measure temperature from 0°F to 1000°F with a temperature probe that comes with it.
- It can easily withstand a 3-4 feet drop test.
- This digital multimeter is fit for all kinds of industrial and DIY jobs.
- The easily accessible battery compartment makes it a perfect choice for beginners.
- If the battery drains out of low voltages then it starts blinking, and gives you a low battery indicator option.
- It can measure resistance up to 40MΩ, which is enough for all kinds of electrical and electronics components.
- The outer silicon case makes it well insulated and shock proof for industrial jobs.
- It is a quite lightweight multimeter of 8 ounces
- The Dimensions are 1.78" X 3.97" X 6".
Standard Package Includes:
- 1x Mm400 Klein multimeter
- CAT-III standard Test Leads
- A k-type thermocouple for precise temperature measurements
- A zipper nylon carrying case case.
- 2 AAA batteries are required to make it functional.
If you're an industrial electrician then you already know the importance of accuracy. In industrial environments where there are many noises and harmonics in electrical signals it's quite difficult to measure them. For such jobs Klein comes with this Klein MM600 multimeter. Moreover, the accuracy is also enhanced by introducing a LoZ mode in this multimeter, which removes the ghost voltage and provides accurate readings in just a few seconds. So, let's discuss some of its key features in detail.
4.7/5 stars with 758 Reviews
- The display resolution is 4000 counts so no more lags.
- A backlight is also available in the LCD display.
- True RMS function in this multimeter eliminates the fluctuation error and provides precision results.
- Like other Klein tools multimeters it is also an auto-ranging multimeter.
- You can measure voltages in both AC & DC circuits by its own dial positions.
- AC voltage range: 1000V
- DC voltage range: 1000V
- Like other high voltage digital multimeters it is also built on CAT-II safety standards.
- You can measure current in both electronic and electrical circuits at the same time with this all-in-one budget multimeter.
- AC current range: 0.1A-10A
- DC current range: 1 µA - 1A
- It can easily bear a drop of 2 meter.
- The best thing about the Klein MM600 is its LoZ mode, which eliminates stray voltages by itself.
- You can measure temperature up to 0°F to 1000°F
- You can measure capacitance, frequency, duty cycle and resistance up to 40MΩ.
- Klein MM600 has built in safety fuses which can be easily replaced after removing the rear case.
- It weighs only 14.4 Ounces.
- The dimensions of Klein MM600 are 10" x 5.6" x 2.7"
Standard Package Includes
- Klein MM600 digital multimeter.
- CAT-III Standard Test leads.
- 1x Pair of Alligator clips
- A carrying pouch.
- A spare ceramic fuse
- 2x AAA battery cells
Klein MM400 vs MM600 Multimeter Comparison
Differences between Klein MM400 and MM600
- As compared to MM400, Klein MM600 has a slight bigger display .
- Klein MM600 is a True RMS multimeter, but you can MM400 lacks this feature.
- LoZ mode is also available only in Klein MM600.
- Klein MM400 is a bit cheaper as compared to Klein MM600.
- You can measure 1000V with the Klein MM600, but with the Klein MM400 you can measure only 600V.
- Alligator clips come only with the Klein MM600.
- Klein MM400 comes with 1M Drop test certification, where as Klein MM600 comes with 2M Drop test certification.
Conclusion (Klein MM600 VS Klein MM400)
Klein MM600 is a much better and accurate multimeter in terms of accuracy. It also has a lot of safety features, which makes it fit for industrial use. But if you're on a tight budget then Klein MM400 is also not a bad choice. Both the Klein digital multimeters are great devices to measure various electrical parameters in residential as well as commercial buildings.So, you can buy either of these two depending upon your budget and requirements. However, if you want to know more about Klein multimeters, then I have also made a detailed comparison of Klein MM600 vs MM700. Klein Tools not only offers Multimeters but also clamp meters. That's why I have made a comparison of two hot selling Klein clamp meters (CL800 vs CL900) for you.